I've been meaning to share this for a while but the mushroom disappeared before I could take photos. Rainbow Girl explained "The fairies have gone on holiday."
Remember in this post that I told you about Trixi's adorable little travelling doll's house at http://www.colouredbuttons.com/2009/05/matchbox-monday-3-tiny-travelling-dolls.html
Inspired by Trixi's design here is the fairy version - a little portable mushroom.
Here's a few hints.
1. Print out template and glue to thin card. I used a cereal box. My cereal box often has big holes in it.
2. Use PVA glue to stick the felt to the card as it gives a smoother finish. The front and back may be covered in felt before you start but add the edge felt last.
3. Use hot glue gun to join card to card for it's strength. Glue the edge piece in segments as the glue dries quickly.
4. Use a stanley night to make holes for ribbon.
5. Mine's very plain - make your your own - maybe embroider or sew on sequins, beads, buttons, ribbons...
As always I'd love to see if anyone wants to try it out.